Booking Through Thursday: Volume

This week's question from Booking Through Thursday:




Would you say that you read about the same amount now as when you were younger? More? Less? Why?




I've been reading roughly the same amount as I used to. My list of finished books for the last few months says I've finished reading 20 books since July -- that's one book per week. Much less that what I'd like to read, but college life's always a bit harsh on bookworms. In terms of number of books read, I might have read a little bit more back in my school days, but those books were shorter and easier to read. And I always had plenty of time. Now I have to rush through longer books in a terrible hurry so I don't have to face the librarian scowling at me for being late.

4 comments:

Chris said...

20 books is an impressive number. Congrats!

Nithin said...

@chris. Yeah, thanks. :) I know 20 isn't all that bad. Lots of people don't find the time to read even that much. But for someone who, as a little boy, promised himself he'll try to read every book ever written, it's a bit disappointing. ;) I'm still coming to terms with the fact that I'll never be able to keep that promise. Around ten books a month is what I consider a reasonable amount of reading.

Crafty Green Poet said...

I generally read one novel a week, plus poetry and non fiction.

gautami tripathy said...

Reading everything that that been published cannot be done. I am getting selective in my reading. I simply abandon certain bookswhich don't hold my interest at any given page.

Post a Comment