BTT: Best of 2007

I don't know why I'm doing this week's BTT. I've read only one fiction book published in 2007 so far and non-fiction isn't something I usually read.




  1. What fiction book (or books) would you nominate to be the best new book published in 2007?

  2. What non-fiction book (or books) would you nominate to be the best new book published in 2007?

  3. And, do "best of" lists influence your reading?



Best fiction book is easy enough for me. Being an incurable Potter fan(atic), I would have suggested Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows anyway. And with that book being the only one published in 2007 that I read, there aren't any other nominees. I'll skip the best non-fiction book nominations, because I haven't read any.



Do "best of" lists influence me? I think they do. I usually pick books at random from the library, but if I find a book for which I've seen a lot of good reviews, there's a better chance that I'll pick it up.

5 comments:

Marg said...

I really must get around to reading HP5!

Chrisbookarama said...

I'm a lot like you. I only read a couple of newly published books.

gautami tripathy said...

Same here. I too have not read many. However my post is here

Ladytink_534 said...

I hardly ever do the random library runs now that my library system catalog is online.

Kathleen said...

The only reason I've read books published in 2007 is because I get review books. Although I liked HP7 very much, it wasn't my fav.

Post a Comment