Six Word Memoir

Gautami from My Own Little Reading Room tagged me for this meme. It's been something like three weeks since I was tagged and I still haven't been able to come up with a six word memoir. These are the rules:




  1. Write your own six word memoir.

  2. Post it on your blog and include a visual illustration if you’d like.

  3. Link to the person that tagged you in your post and to this original post if possible so we can track it as it travels across the blogosphere.

  4. Tag five more blogs with links.

  5. And don’t forget to leave a comment on the tagged blogs with an invitation to play!



I thought about this for a long time and still couldn't come up with anything. Summing up your life in six words is very, very difficult, especially if you're not really gifted with words.



Well, I had to post something, so I decided to cheat and borrow some famous quote. First, I thought of my all time favourite quotes about education, "Born intelligent. Then education ruined me!" and "Didn't let school interfere with education". But those are too well known. And not exactly true either. It would be too presumptuous of me to assume that I was born intelligent ;-) or that school did not actually play an active role in my education. Then I came across this line from an Alice Walker poem, "Expect nothing. Live frugally on surprise". But then again, except when waiting for exam results I don't really follow that line. :D



So here I am, still thinking about what to write. Nearly two hours have passed since I started writing this post. I've tried typing those six words a few times and nothing really sounds right. And when it does sound right, I end up with too many words!



Okay, I finally got one:



I'd read memoirs rather than write!



There, I've done it. Whew! It does feel like cheating because it's not a real memoir, but I haven't got an alternative. There's no other way I can finish this meme today. As for the tagging part, I'll tag Aravind. (I really can't find five people to tag.) But everyone's welcome to do this meme if they haven't done it already. And please do leave a link if you've done the meme yourself. It's great to read some of those six word memoirs.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you finally decided on your memoir, it's tough to narrow down your life to six words! Thanks for playing:)

Post a Comment