Books: May 2008

It's been a few days since I last posted here, and the list of books I read in May has remained in drafts for all these days. It's nearly July and here I am, posting about May. Thanks to my final semester exams, I haven't been able to read much this month, but I'm trying to catch up now that I'm finally free from college. :-)




  1. Vital Signs (Robin Cook) [2/10]

  2. One Night at the Call Center (Chetan Bhagat) [2/10]

  3. Prime Evil (Various Authors) [2/10]

  4. Sunset In St. Tropez (Danielle Steel) [3/10]

  5. Murder In Memoriam (Didier Daeninckx) [4/10]

  6. Honeymoon (James Patterson) [9/10]

  7. The Andromeda Strain (Michael Crichton) [8/10]



One Night at the Call Center was the one book I was looking forward to. I liked Chetan Bhagat's first book, Five Point Someone and I was hoping One Night... would be as funny and as realistic as that one. Unfortunately, the tone of the book was too racist for my taste with all the characters spewing out anti-Americanisms non-stop and even God joining in at one point. The book was neither funny nor realistic except perhaps for the description of lives of the call center employees.



Among the other books, I liked James Patterson's book, Honeymoon (my friend Aravind guest-posted the review) and Crichton's science fiction book The Andromeda Strain.



Stats. 7 books, 6 authors (1 new + 13 authors' short stories in Prime Evil), 2151 pages.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can you get me One Night at the Call Center?

Post a Comment