BTT: Which end?

It's been almost a year since my last post here, and work has kept me from reading much in recent months. Answering this week's BTT question will be a nice way to get things rolling again. :) This week's question on Booking Through Thrusday:

In general, do you prefer the beginnings of stories? Or the ends?

I guess the whole story matters to me, not just the beginning or the end. Some stories have a great beginning and then falter midway, and some start weakly and then end beautifully. Yet others may not be so good at the beginning or the end, but you can't put them down in the middle. So it all depends on the book.

If I really had to choose, I'd prefer a book with a great ending, because I wouldn't want to go through an entire book with high expectations only to be let down in the final pages.

I really must apologize for this bit of shameless self promotion here. ;-) But I guess the readers of this blog won't mind since it is about books anyway. :)

I've been working on developing a website where book lovers can write opinions in 250 characters or less. I would encourage you to go ahead and sign up for it and give it a try. The website is called bukluv and it only takes a minute to register. Also, we're working on making it easy for bloggers to share the reviews they've written on their blogs through bukluv, but that feature isn't ready yet.

Again, here's the link: Bukluv.

Once again, I apologize for bringing this up in a post about something else, but I thought some of you might like it. :)

3 comments:

Bobbie said...

Great post. I will check out your site. I prefer the beginning and you can see mine here:
http://tilwereadagain.blogspot.com/2010/04/booking-through-thursdays.html

Lori said...

I have a looksy at your new site. As for my BTT For me reading a book is like having sex. I require both ends.Here's mine.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the visit and comment. I just checked out Bukluv and think it's a great site!

Post a Comment