BTT: Doomsday

This week on Booking Through Thursday, we have a question that deals with a situation that would give nightmares to many book lovers...

What would you do if, all of a sudden, your favorite source of books was unavailable?

I always borrow books from the town library. The only reason I call it my favourite source of books is because it's the only source available in this town. There aren't any bookstores in town and if the library burns down I'd have to travel 50km to the neighbouring city if I wanted to get some books to read.

Okay, those of you who are who are rolling around laughing at my predicament, stop right now! Grr...!!! It's not funny being the only book blogger in the world who lives in a place that only has one lousy library (most of you guys probably have more books in your homes than that library) and not even one bookstore.

Anyhow, to continue with the post, I don't expect myself to spend three hours on the two way trip to the next city. (I'm too lazy for that.) I'll probably dig out the e-book DVDs that I have and settle down in front of the monitor to read one of the 25,000+ books in that collection. It sounds crazy, but then... we're talking about doomsday, right?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can sympathize. I've had the same experience of living in a town so small and intellectually backward that there were no bookstores. And the library wasn't any great shakes, either. So I'm definitely not laughing - it's no laughing matter.

Nithin said...

@jlshall. Thanks. :)

Anonymous said...

I know how you feel. I am a soccer blogger who lives in a place where there is no way to watch pre-season friendlies of clubs in television...

Btw, I'm going to take membership of the town library tomorrow, accompanied by a friend.

Post a Comment