BTT: Hero


You should have seen this one coming... Who is your favorite male lead character? And why? (BTT)




I've been too busy to post here over the last month and I missed (yet again!) last week's question about favourite female lead characters. Good thing too, seeing that I couldn't remember a lot of characters I could have put into that list except for Robyn Ballantyne from Wilbur Smith's book A Falcon Flies which I read recently. These kinds of questions are always difficult because I always end up typing up a quick reply and then remembering more characters after I've published the post. Coming to today's question, there are a few characters I remember right now. Here's the list:




  • Andy Dufresne from Stephen King's Rita Hayworth and Shawshank Redemption. He's probably the most patient and determined character I've ever seen. How many people would actually spend two decades planning the perfect prison break?


  • Albus Dumbledore, Harry Potter and Ron Weasley from the Harry Potter series. I couldn't resist putting all three on the list! ;-)


  • Patrick Lanigan from John Grisham's The Partner. Sure, he may be a crook, but like Dufresne (who was actually innocent) he's one of the most determined and brilliant fictional people I've seen. You just have to read the book to know what I mean.



That's five people on the list already and I still haven't been able to decide who my favourite character is. I'm sure I'll find that I missed someone who would have topped that list once I go through the replies by other bloggers. For now, I'll give that title to Dumbledore. When I started reading the Potter series, this amiable wizard was the first character I liked and has remained my favourite throughout the series. Plus, he's the coolest headmaster I've ever seen!

1 comments:

gautami tripathy said...

Dumbledore is a good choice. He wins hands down.

Post a Comment