Non-Fiction Meme

Gautami started this meme about non-fiction reading and tagged me. To be frank, I'm not really qualified to do this meme, because I hardly ever read non-fiction books. But I like doing memes (which is why I do the weekly BTT) and I'll try to answer this one too.




a) What issues/topic interests you most--non-fiction, i.e, cooking, knitting, stitching, there are infinite topics that has nothing to do with novels?


Cooking, knitting or stitching are definitely not topics that interest me! If I were to read non-fiction more often, I'd mostly be reading autobiographies, especially of my favourite authors. I read Sidney Sheldon's autobiography, The Other Side of Me (review) recently and liked it. If all autobiographies are as interesting as that one, I might even start reading non-fiction full-time. :-)




b) Would you like to review books concerning those?


Ideally, I'd love to review every single book I read. But I never manage to write reviews for most of the books I read. If I weren't as lazy as I am, I definitely would have liked to review them.




c) Would you like to be paid or do it as interest or hobby? Tell reasons for what ever you choose.


I'll have a lot of trouble finding someone who'll want to pay me for writing reviews, wouldn't I? ;-) But seriously, I don't think I'd want to be paid for writing reviews. If I were sent a book for reviewing, I'd spend more time worrying about writing a perfect review because I'm being paid for it and probably end up enjoying the book a little bit less than I normally would. Right now I can just jot down a few thoughts about the books I read without trying to write a masterpiece review.




d) Would you recommend those to your friends and how?


If the books are good, I would certainly recommend them.




e) If you have already done something like this, link it to your post.


I haven't.




f) Please dont forget to link back here or whoever tags you.


I was tagged by Gautami Tripathy from My Own Little Reading Room. Thanks, Gautami!

3 comments:

gautami tripathy said...

Thanks Nithin for doing this. Try reading travelogues! Those are great ones to start with.

Aravind said...

You never told me you read Sheldon's autobiography. Is it as thrilling as his books?

Nithin said...

@gautami.. Thanks for the idea. I'll try reading some of those.

@aravind. As one of the (so-called) co-authors of this blog, you ought to have noticed when I reviewed the book here. :D

And yeah, it's nearly as good as his thrillers. I said "nearly" because it does get a bit boring towards the end, which isn't something that happens with his thrillers.

Post a Comment